Vineyard Manager: Marnong Estate, Sunbury Region
New vineyard – well-resourced, a great team and only 35 minutes-drive from Melbourne’s CBD!
Marnong Estate is an exciting new tourism and vineyard development on the site of an historic homestead in Victoria’s Sunbury wine region, only a 35 minute-drive from Melbourne’s CBD.
This is a unique opportunity for a hands-on Vineyard Manager to be involved in the development of a world-class facility and an integral member of a well-resourced and dynamic team.
Reporting to the CEO and with the support of an external viticulture consultant, the successful applicant will oversee the day-to-day operations of a recently planted 12-hectare vineyard with Shiraz, Pinot Noir, Montepulciano, Fiano, Chardonnay and Pinot Grigio; a new terraced, amphitheatre vineyard planned for establishment in 2019; and any future expansion.
- Design, implementation and review of company viticultural program;
- Capital and operational planning and budgeting;
- Hands-on, day-to-day management of all seasonal vineyard staff, contractors and operations;
- Maximise quality, productivity and cost efficiency;
- Effective pest & disease monitoring & control;
- Irrigation management;
- OH&S compliance and the champion of a safe company culture;
- Collaboration with other streams of the business;
- Management of vineyard development and expansion (design, clonal and rootstock selection, soil preparation, irrigation and infrastructure, planting).
Key qualifications, experience and competencies:
- Tertiary qualification in viticulture or agriculture preferred;
- At least five years of experience in a similar role;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel;
- Leadership – the ability to inspire, influence and enable others;
- Management – the ability to identify key issues, set priorities and provide clear direction to staff and stakeholders;
- Communication – able to effectively communicate through all levels of the company;
- Decision Making – able to make appropriate and timely decisions;
- Team Work – able to work effectively with others to accomplish goals and resolve problems.
An attractive package, commensurate with experience and qualifications, is on offer.
Please send letter of application with an accompanying resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications:
30th November, 2018