Mount Majura Vineyard’s new Winemaker will be joining an established and award-winning producer in the Canberra District and be the key driver of wine style and quality. Recognised as one of the region’s most outstanding wineries with a Halliday 5 red star rating, its long history of wine excellence is set to continue.
Reporting to the General Manager/Viticulturist, this is a hands-on role that will be responsible for all winemaking operations and represent Mount Majura Vineyard as a brand ambassador. The Winemaker will contribute to growth and development projects, with production increasing over the next few years following the expansion of the 13.8 Ha vineyard, with new plantings of alternative varieties.
Located just a short 15-minute drive from the Canberra CBD, Mount Majura Vineyard is attracting industry and consumer attention, as well as offering convenient and great lifestyle options. Working closely with a long-term and committed team of wine professionals, the Winemaker will have the opportunity to contribute to growth and evolution of the brand.
- Tertiary qualification in Oenology or equivalent discipline
- Relevant winemaking experience, including tirage of traditional method sparkling wine
- Production of high-quality products in a comparative environment
- High level of technical knowledge
- Valid forklift & driver’s licence
- Advanced computer skills
- Excellent palate & broad understanding of domestic and international wine styles
- Ability to work autonomously and in a small team
- Creative and energetic approach
- Driven to achieve outstanding results
- Strong communication skills
- Physically capable of performing operational duties
- Capacity for domestic travel
- Ability to work extended hours when required
View a detailed Position Description
Deadline for applications: Sunday, 5th November 2023