Blue Pyrenees Estate is a leading producer of cool-climate wines that express the unique environmental qualities of the region and outstanding vineyards in Western Victoria. The Vinesmith group’s Blue Pyrenees, Glenlofty Estate and Decameron Station brands are all made at the 2,000T capacity winery at Avoca, using fruit from the 300 Ha under vine of these sites.
Reporting to the General Manager and joining the group’s senior leadership team, this role (with some flexibility on commencement date) will develop a long-term site masterplan and overhaul the winery, applying capital upgrades to modernise the facility. The Chief Winemaker will manage all winemaking operations for the Vinesmith group brands and lead a stimulating fine wine culture and product portfolio that will be represented on a global platform. This will be further promoted by representing the business as a brand ambassador.
- Tertiary qualifications in Oenology or relevant discipline
- Relevant winemaking experience and broad and diverse understanding of wine styles – red, white and sparkling
- Hands-on experience across globally competitive operations
- Management and team leadership experience
- Second language very desirable (e.g. French, Mandarin, Spanish)