This is a role for an ambitious and energetic wine professional, to join the Best’s Great Western team as the Assistant Winemaker. Working within one of Australia’s most established and innovative wine businesses, this role will have access to over 150 years of resources and knowledge. This is an opportunity to gain experience across all areas of production and develop a unique understanding of old and new practices.
Reporting to the Winemaker, this is a hands-on role that will be responsible for coordinating cellar operations, supervising the winery team and managing the laboratory. With the support of a family business, as well as mentorship from industry leaders, there is great potential for professional development and to establish a strong winemaking career.
Located in Victoria’s Great Western wine region, with the Grampians National Park close-by, the surrounding area offers a large range of lifestyle benefits and adventure activities.
- Tertiary qualification in Oenology, or nearing completion
- At least 3 years’ winery experience
- Familiarity with winery software, Vintrace experience an advantage
- Laboratory skills and the ability to interpret analytical data
- Proficient in production functions, including blending and bottling
- Good understanding of vineyard operations
- Current forklift & driver’s licence
- Physically capable of undertaking cellar duties
- Ability to travel domestically
- Capacity to work extended hours during vintage, or as required